I see the definition of information technology encompassing how I envision it with students and/or staff. Therefore, my definition is broken down into such categories.
I will teach students information literacy skills in a manner which aids students to be analytical thinkers and aware of the currency and reliability of information. In addition, I will teach the importance of digital citizenship in a way that encourages safe, ethical use of information and encourage sharing of information.
I will coach teachers on information literacy as I collaborate to develop lessons and units aligning with grade-level curriculum. I will collaborate electronically and physically with staff, as to best meet the needs of all teachers.
Coaching will take place as I model how to integrate grade level curriculum with information literacy and overarching Common Core standards. Standards taught will be a combination of the Big 6 and Information Literacy, Montana State Common Core and other grade-level standards.
Students and Staff:
I will expose students and instructional staff to the most up-to-date technologies relevant to learning. I will lead by example through utilizing the skills I encourage. I will model how emerging technologies can best serve as a medium to instruct content curriculum.
inspirational and fun video about the evolution of technology
The following resources are categorized into: standards, curriculum delivery, student achievement/assessment, collaboration/coaching.
- 2013 Grade-by-Month Library-Information Literacy Curriculum Guide http://www.opi.mt.gov/groups/mtl/wiki/a55ed/Curriculum_Guide.html
This is a nice overview of a yearly information literacy plan to start from.
- Big 6 Montana Content Standards Alignment http://www.opi.mt.gov/groups/mtl/wiki/76b86/Alignment_Matrices.html
I will find this resource useful as I align curricular projects with the Big 6.
- ISTE National Technology Standards http://www.iste.org/docs/pdfs/nets-t-standards.pdf?sfvrsn=2
- Montana Teacher Librarian Wiki http://www.opi.mt.govgroups/mtl/
This site is a wealth of resources for anything related to information literacy and instruction
- Information Literacy Lesson Plan Resources http://www.opi.mt.gov/groups/mtl/wiki/022a9/Information_Literacy_Teaching_Resources.html
- Achieve the Core - Common Core Resources http://www.achievethecore.org/dashboard/300/search/6/1/0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12basal-alignment-project
- Basal Alignment Project - Common Core Resources http://www.achievethecore.org/page/751/bap-project-page
This site offers resources aligning with the Harcourt Trophies Reading Series utilized in our district - the resources are completely aligned with Common Core standards (i.e. text-dependent questions, etc.).
- ISTE - this is a great resource for anything related to linking library standards to technology https://www.iste.org/
- Digital Citizenship and Internet Safety (TWO links below):
- Office for Intellectual Freedom http://www.ala.org/offices/oif
- NetSmartz Online Safety Resources http://www.netsmartz.org/Educators
I have utlized this resource on many occasions in a previous district where my role was to instruct internet safety. There are online videos, questions and activities for all grades!
- Montana Common Core State Standards and Assessment http://www.opi.mt.gov/groups/mtl/wiki/c245e/Montana_Common_Core_State_Standards_and_Assessment.html
- Montana Common Core State Standards and Assessment Wiki http://montanacommoncorestandards.wikispaces.com/
- Lexile Level Text Matching - this site is great when aiding students to find a book to match his/her Lexile reading level http://www.lexile.com/
- Trails 9 - information literacy assessment quiz resource http://www.trails-9.org/
- QuizStar - area for teachers to share and create quizzes http://quizstar.4teachers.org/indexs.jsp
- Socrative Teacher and Socrative Garden (Shared Quizzes) - iPad app or web resource for creating and sharing teacher-generated quizzes http://www.socrative.com/garden/?page_id=979
- Edmodo - online classroom providing teachers an opportunity to create assignments, polls and quizzes and view a breakdown of how well students mastered a concept in a pie graph format, etc. www.edmodo.com
- Montana Library Websites - this list links to many local Montana school websites http://www.opi.mt.gov/groups/mtl/wiki/40459/Montana_School_Library_Web_Sites.html
- 21st Century Fluency Project - Committed Sardine Blog - this is a fabulous blog offering ideas for technology integration, Project-Based Learning (PBL), collaboration and 21st Century skills http://fluency21.com/blog/
- The Principal of Change - George Couros - George is a famous keynote speaker focusing on how technology and collaboration can serve as a medium for global change, extremely motivating! http://georgecouros.ca/blog/